9 January 2008
Hanson Limited changes bond listings
Further to the announcements issued on 13 September 2007, 19 October 2007 and 6 December 2007 regarding changes in the financing structure of the Hanson Group, HeidelbergCement AG announces that in respect of:
- the 7.875% Notes due 27 September 2010 (the “2010 Notes”), and
- the 6.125% Notes due 15 August 2016 (Symbol NYSE: HAN16) (the “2016 Notes”) both of its subsidiary, Hanson Limited, and
- the 5.25% Notes due 15 March 2013 (Symbol NYSE: HAN/13) (the “2013 Notes”) of its subsidiary, Hanson Australia Funding Limited,
- (collectively, the “Bonds”)
following the listing of the Bonds on the official list of the Luxembourg Stock Exchange in December 2007:
- the 2013 Notes and 2016 Notes were withdrawn from listing on the New York Stock Exchange on 28 December 2007 and 27 December 2007 respectively, and
- the 2010 Notes will be withdrawn from listing on the London Stock Exchange on 10 January 2008.
On 7 January 2008, these subsidiaries filed Form 15F to deregister the Bonds from registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and terminate their reporting obligations under the Exchange Act of 1934.
HeidelbergCement AG is a publicly traded company listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and other stock exchanges in Germany, and provides annual and periodic reports to its investors pursuant to German law. On 19 October 2007, HeidelbergCement AG issued unconditional guarantees of the Bonds. In light of the HeidelbergCement AG guarantees, the availability of information about HeidelbergCement AG and the small number of record holders of the Bonds, HeidelbergCement AG has decided that the Luxembourg Stock Exchange is a more appropriate exchange for the Bonds.